Key Competencies in action

Discovery time has always been a part of my classroom programme and the recent emphasis on the Key Competencies reinforces this position.
This term I am scaffolding my office buddy through the implementation of Discovery Time across our 2 classrooms.

We have done 2 sessions based around the KC of Managing Self and already are starting to these these skills more in everyday classroom activities.
The children look forward to this time on a Thursday afternoon and I am enjoying the challenging of teaching the 2 classes as well as supporting my colleague on her Discovery Time Journey.

One change to your programme has been to offer the same activities for 2 sessions so that children have the chance to finish their project, visit something they missed out on as well as offer extensions/alterations to the activities to promote a higher level of the KC being promoted.


Comments